Sue Dinwiddie, M.A.
Parent Programs & Staff Development: Several hundred national , state-wide,
local classes & workshops
Parent's Place: Quarterly lecture series, 2000-present
Ceridian/Work/Families Directions: Balancing Work/ Personal Life,
inc. parenting skills, 1995-2005
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center: Conflict Resolution Facilitation
for staffs & parents, 1994-2004
Kaiser Permanente Hospitals: Parent Skills focusing on children ages
2 to 12, 1994-1996
Head Start Quality Improvement Center Consultant Pool: 2000
San Mateo County Child Care Coordinating Council's Family Forum:
Developed Bibliography for Professional Conference: "Helping Families
Cope in an Age of Violence," 1995
- Sesame Street Television Series: Episodes involving conflict resolution,
back to top of page
Peninsula Association for the Education of Young Children, February
1994, October 1996, January 1999
Marin Association for the Education of Young Children, April 1994
San Mateo Association for the Education of Young Children, April
- CAEYC Nonviolence in the Lives of Children Panel: Santa Clara County
Training, May 1999
Keynote & Capstone Speaker:
- California State 4-H Conference, November 1994
College Instructor: 1984-1997
Stanford University: Psychology Developmental Practicum Seminar
Pacific Oaks College: Advanced Seminar Human Growth & Development:
Conflict Resolution, Positive Self-esteem
Cañada Community College: Safe Start: Violence Intervention
Strategies to Children & Families
Ohlone Community College: Discipline & Self-esteem
- Foothill Community College: Conflict Resolution Skills; Anti-bias/Multi-cultural
Curriculum; Creative Art; Music & Dance; Science; Learning Areas; Cooking
Adult Education Instructor:
- Palo Alto Adult School: Diversity in Our Community, 1996 to 1998
back to top of page
- Bing Nursery School, Stanford University, 1985-93 (Teacher 1979-85)
Teaching Credential: Child Development Programs, State of California,
Issued February 20, 1976 for Life
- Instructors Credential: The California Community Colleges, Issued
October 6, 1985 for Life
Pacific Oaks College, 5 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA. M.A. Human
Bing School at Stanford and Foothill Community College, Teaching
and Management Internship in Child Development, Certificate of Completion,
DeAnza and Foothill Colleges, Certificate of Completion Nursery School
Scripps College, Claremont, CA. B.A. History, 1960
- Long Beach State University, 6 units Education Courses, Summer 1959
Child Care Advisory Committee of Family Service Agency of San Mateo
San Mateo Association for the Education of Young Children (Former
Board of Directors)
California School Age Consortium
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center
Kids and Families 1st: San Mateo Partnership
- Family Forum Planning Committee: San Mateo Child Care Council, 1998
back to top of page
I Want It My Way! Problem-Solving Conflicts in Programs for Young
Children. Better World Press, Fall 1997.
Let Me Think! Activities to Develop Problem-solving Abilities in
Young Children. Better World Press, Fall 1997.
(For more information on Sue's
books, including how to order,
click here to go to the Better
World Press page)
"Sibling Rivalry: How Parents Can Survive" forthcoming in Smalltalk.
City of Davis Parks & Community Services, 2000.
"The New Baby: How to Reduce Sibling Rivalry." Parenting Resource
File. City of Davis Parks & Community Services, May, 2000.
"Help! It's Another Tantrum." Smalltalk. XXV, No. 2, City of
Davis Parks & Community Services March/April 1999.
"Effective Parenting Styles in the 90's." News Steps. One Small
Step: The Bay Area Employer Work and Family Coalition. Fall, 1997.
"Ten Tips for Negotiating Win-Win Solutions for Parent-Child Conflicts."
Parenting Handout, City of Davis Parks & Community Services,
"Put Conflict Resolution in Your Program." CSAC Review. California
School Age Consortium, December 1995.
"Discipline Without Disgrace." Smalltalk. City of Davis Parks
& Community Services July/August 1996.
"Kindergarten Readiness." Smalltalk. City of Davis Parks
& Community Services, March / April 1995.
"Setting Limits: Steering Down the Rocky Road of Childrearing." Parenting
Handout. City of Davis Child Care Services, February 1995.
"The Saga of Sally and Sammy and the Red Pen: Facilitating Children's
Social Problem Solving." Young Children. Journal of the National
Association for the Education of Young Children, July 1994.
"Playing in the Gutters: Enhancing Children's Cognitive and Social
Play." Young Children. Journal of the National Association for
the Education of Young Children, September 1993.
Several of the above articles are available at Kidsource.com
References available upon request
LIST OF PAST PRESENTATIONS
- AEYC: Golden Hills, Marin, Peninsula, San Mateo, Sonoma
- California Kindergarten Conference
- Tri-Cities: Our Children, Our Vision, Our World
- California School-Age Consortium
- Professional Association for Childhood Education
- National Association for Mediation in Education
- California 4-H Leadership Conference
- Palo Alto Community Child Care
Child Care Centers
- Bing Nursery School at Stanford University
- Child Development, Inc., Santa Clara County
- Bright Horizons-Family Solutions, Santa Clara and San Francisco Counties
- La Jolla United Church Nursery School, La Jolla
- Lake School, Oakland
- Leo J. Ryan CDC, South San Francisco
- Marin Day Schools, San Mateo and Marin Counties
- Montclair Community Play Center, Oakland
- Ohlone Kids Place, Palo Alto Palcare, Burlingame
- Santa Cruz Child Development Consortium
- San Mateo Parent's Nursery School San Mateo
- Turlock School District Head Start
- Franklin Elementary School, Burlingame
- Lucille Nixon School, Palo Alto
- Las Lomitas School, Atherton
- Nobel Elementary School, San Jose
- Palos Verdes Elementary School, Palo Alto
- The Principles Academy, San Leandro
Companies, Agencies, and Organizations
- Family Service Association of San Mateo County
- Genentech, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Corporation
- Kaiser Permanente Hospitals
- Oracle Corporation
- Parents Place
- Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center
- SRI International
back to top of page